Board Position - Membership
Bylaws Requirements and Duties:
- All Board members: Must be a regular member of the association in
good standing at the time of nomination of appointment and an active
member in the association for two years.
- Major responsibilities of this position are recruitment and
retention of membership. Major focus is increasing membership from the
previous year, while providing responsive customer service to existing
members to enhance retention. Term of office is one year.
Specific Duties and/or Procedures:
- Devise strategy to market HRATV to potential new applicants.
Solicit potential members whenever possible (i.e.,, ask for referrals
during professional gatherings, etc.). Provide application instructions to
- Ensure that applicants provide all pertinent documentation to
substantiate membership eligibility. Follow up on inquiries. Assess new
applications/resumes for eligibility and provide recommendations to
Board for approval. Ensure notification to new members that they have
been approved for membership. Document dues payments and give checks to
Chapter Administrator for deposit.
- Maintain accurate list of members (oversee Chapter Administrator).
- Conduct annual membership renewal process in a timely fashion and track expenses and dues. Follow up on non-responses.
- Attend monthly membership meetings and monthly Board meetings.
- Promote SHRM membership through various methods (i.e., newsletter
announcement, market to prospective new members when contacted by them,