Board Position - communications and marketingPurpose
of the role is to optimize the brand of HRATV as a premier Human Resources organization to members and the community.
- Develop and make recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding
communication strategies that will ensure and advance the professional
image of HRATV.
- Develop and update the Social Media policy as necessary in order to
ensure HRATV’s presence is maintained effectively on Social Media
- Promote HR development, networking opportunities, programs and events to members and community.
- Create and maintain a favorable image of HRATV by keeping membership
informed of chapter activities and upcoming meetings, and disseminating
relevant professional information viewed as beneficial to the members.
- Ensure the messaging is consistent across Social Media platforms, Newsletter, Website, and Community Outreach.
- Coordinate with all Board functions to optimize utilization of HRATV communication platforms.
- Coordinate with the HRATV webmaster to ensure the HRATV website is
updated and maintained appropriately. Messaging is consistent with the
other communication platforms.
- Coordinate and evaluate HRATV’s technology and communications needs and presence.
- Provide monthly updates at the Board meetings.
- Participate in the development and implementation of short-term and
long-term strategic planning for the chapter regarding technology.
- Serve as a voting member of the chapter and attend and participate regularly in Board meetings.
- SHRM supplies the following resources for communication/technology
directors: best practices, position descriptions, web site toolkit, how
to publish a newsletter, SHRM-approved graphics, SHRM graphic standards
manual for affiliates, SHRM Leaders Guide, working with the media, and
MUCH MORE…available online at www.shrm.org/vlrc