Board Position - President
Bylaws Requirements and Duties:
- All board members: Must be a regular member of the association in good standing at the time of nomination or appointment and an active member in association for two years.
- All Officers: Must be a Professional Member in the association.
- President: The President shall preside at the meetings of the association, the Board and Officers. Must be a member of SHRM.
- The President shall have general charge and supervision of the affairs and businesses of the Association.
- The President may appoint chairs of the following committees: Membership, Nominations, Programs, Conference, and other committees as deemed necessary.
- Term of office is one year.
Specific Duties and/or Procedures:
- Convene and conduct monthly Board meeting. Prepare board agendas. Ensure that past minutes are approved and current minutes are taken.
- Preside at monthly membership meetings (luncheons) and conference meetings. In the event that the President is unable to attend, the President shall delegate the responsibility of conducting and/or presiding at meetings to the President-Elect or another board member.
- Plan and organize the annual summer board retreat to establish goals for the coming year.
- Although the bylaws do not include a standing Budget Committee, the practice has been to appoint and serve on a budget committee in August and to present a budget to the first meeting of the board in September.
- Responsible for two articles in the monthly HRATV newsletter (first and last).
Other:The Association pays for this individual to attend the SHRM Volunteer Leadership Summit and SHRM Annual Conference.