Board Position - treasurer
Bylaws Requirements and Duties:
- All Board members: Must be a regular member of the association in
good standing at the time of nomination of appointment and an active
member in the association for two years.
- The Treasurer shall be responsible for the financial
affairs of the Association. This responsibility shall include financial
reports to the Board and arrangements for the annual examination and
audit of the accounts. He/she shall also perform such other duties as
the President may determine. Expenditure of funds exceeding $100 must
have prior Board approval. A second signature is required on all checks over $500.
Specific Duties and/or Procedures:
- With the Budget Committee, create an annual budget.
- Oversee the preparation of and present monthly reports comparing actual expenditures and income to budget amounts. *
- Oversee the keeping of detailed records of expense and income. *
- Oversee and assure Association money-market account is balanced. *
- Oversee the payment of expenses incurred by the Association and deposit of dues and other income paid to the Association. *
- Present Treasurer’s report including account balances and significant transactions at each Board meeting.
- Serve (along with the President and Past President) as second signature on checks over $500.
- Insure that a tax return is completed as necessary at the end of the fiscal year – December 31.
- Perform an overview of Association books at the end of each fiscal year.
* Oversee duties of Chapter Administrator