Criteria for qualification:
Two scholarships worth $250.00 each are available. One scholarship
will be awarded for each registration period. (Spring and Fall).
The mission of the Human Resources Association of Treasure Valley is
to promote professional excellence in the development of those who are
qualified and wish to pursue their Professional Certification. In
support of that mission, the organization awards scholarships to
individuals who are studying for PHR/SPHR/GPHR Certification.
- Scholarship availability will be announced within 30 days of the opening of exam registration.
- Candidates must intend and qualify according to HRCI standards to pursue their PHR/SPHR/GPHR Certification.
- Candidate’s company may not be subsidizing cost of exam.
- Candidates must provide the Certification Chair (or another member
of the board) with notification of their desire to be considered for a
scholarship by providing a 100 word statement describing in a thoughtful
and relevant way why they are pursuing their certification. Statement will be evaluated based on the following criteria: Use
of proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. Use of critical thinking
by articulating clearly your reasons for pursuing certification.
Examples of prior and current experience or accomplishments to
illustrate future goals.
- Selection Committee to be comprised of 2 or 3 members will be appointed by Certification Chair.
- Candidates must provide a copy of their current resume.
- Candidates must provide one reference.
- Candidates must be a current HRATV member.
- Candidates must provide confirmation of exam registration within 30 days of receipt of funds.
- Candidates must provide confirmation he/she sat for the exam.
- Candidates are eligible for one scholarship per member per certification level.