Board Position - conferenceBylaws Requirements and Duties:
- All board members: Must be a regular member of the association in
good standing at the time of nomination or appointment and an active
member in association for two years.
- Conference Chair: The Conference Chair shall provide for the
professional development of human resource professionals in the Treasure
Valley by arranging a spring conference. Term of office is one year.
Specific Duties and/or Procedures:
- Select a committee of HRATV members to assist in planning and
implementing a professional development opportunity during the year,
typically a spring full-day conference.
- Report to and confer with the Board on the progress of the planning process and work within budget constraints.
- Schedule regular meetings and coordinate the activities of committee
members who are responsible for the following areas: facilities (rooms,
food and beverage), theme/topics, speaker (keynote, break-out
presenters), registration (registration form, receiving conference fees,
registration packets, attendee check-in), email notices, advertising
(HRATV newsletter, Statesman, Idaho Business Review, etc.), sponsors
(cover the conference expenses), recognition (gifts and/or certificates
for presenters and sponsors).
- Responsible for one article in the monthly HRATV newsletter. Attend monthly HRATV Board meetings and Annual Planning Meeting.