Board Position - conferenceBylaws Requirements and Duties:
- All board members: Must be a regular member of the association in
good standing at the time of nomination or appointment and an active
member in association for two years.
- Conference Chair: The Conference Chair shall provide for the
professional development of human resource professionals in the Treasure
Valley by arranging the annual conference. Term of office is one to two years.
Specific Duties and/or Procedures:
- Select a committee of HRATV members to assist in planning and
implementing a professional development opportunity during the year,
typically a full-day conference.
- Report to and confer with the Board on the progress of the planning process and work within budget constraints.
- Schedule regular meetings and coordinate the activities of committee
members who are responsible for the following areas: facilities (rooms,
food and beverage), theme/topics, speaker (keynote, break-out
presenters), registration (registration form, receiving conference fees,
registration packets, attendee check-in), email notices, advertising
(HRATV newsletter, Statesman, Idaho Business Review, etc.), sponsors
(cover the conference expenses), recognition (gifts and/or certificates
for presenters and sponsors).
- Responsible for one article in the monthly HRATV newsletter. Attend monthly HRATV Board meetings and Annual Planning Meeting.