Board Position - certification
Bylaws Requirements and Duties:
- All board members: Must be a regular member of the association in good standing at the time of nomination or appointment.
- Certification Chair: To assist in understanding the value of certification and to provide all members with the resources, tools and information necessary to achieve certification and recertification goals, and to recognize members achieving certification. Also, to work with the chapter and Board members in developing programs and mechanisms to meet our goals.
Specific Duties and/or Procedures:
- Develop a program with the Chapter to ensure that all members have information and materials available regarding certification and recertification.
- Develop or assist in development of programs such as study groups, college study programs, learning system training programs, etc.
- Provide newsletter articles promoting certification, including information about test dates, application process, study groups, scholarships, etc.
- Establish relationship with SHRM certification exam staff to develop ongoing activities as appropriate for certification and recertification.
- Establish relationship with SHRM education department staff to facilitate educational materials orders and discounts
- Establish other goals and activities as voted upon during Board meetings, etc.
- Maintain files, information, and notes electronically or manually for the next Certifications Chairperson.
- Be available for presentations, meetings, and/or questions if and when appropriate.
Time required: 6-8 hours per month